At LARIA MedSpa, doctors and estheticians customized chemical peels to your skin needs and condition. Whether you have acne, hyperpigmentation, sensitive skin or fine lines, our Sothys Paris chemical peels can be customized to your specific skin needs and goals. Contact our expert team for a skin consultation, analysis and personalized treatment plan.
Pre Treatment instructions:
- No Sun Exposure 24-48 hours prior to treatment
- Arrive with Make-Up Free at your appointment.
Post Treatment Instructions:
- Apply Sunblock Daily
- No Sun Exposure for at least one week after treatment.
- No Waxing, Laser treatments, Electrolysis for 2 weeks
- No Hot Shower or Hot Tub for 24 hours
- Do not apply water or any other products at least 8 hours after treatment.
- Minimum downtime
What Are The Benefits of Sothys Paris Chemical Peels?
Sothys Paris Chemical Peels are professional resurfacing treatments that make skin appear clearer, smoother, and renewed.
- Can even out skin tone
- Fight signs of aging
- Hydrates and softens skin
- Stimulates natural collagen production
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Repairs sun damage
- Unclog pores
Who Should Avoid Chemical Peels?
Although chemical peels are generally safe, there are certain individuals who should avoid chemical peels altogether. There are contraindications that can disqualify people from being eligible for a chemical peel.
Below is a list of contraindications of chemical peels:
- Having an active skin infection
- You have poor healing
- You are taking certain medications, such as retinoids
- You have a history of cold sores
- You are immuno-compromised
- You have recently taken isotretinoin
- You have skin cancer
- You are pregnant
- You are breastfeeding
If you meet any of the above criteria, we can offer safer alternatives to chemical peels, so we can help you look your best.
How Can I Prepare For a Chemical Peel Treatment at LARIA MedSpa?
You will want to start preparing for a chemical peel treatment about two weeks before your appointment.
- Avoid exfoliation for at least one week.
- Avoid sun exposure for a minimum of two weeks before the appointment.
- Stay hydrated. The more hydrated you are, the faster you will recover from a chemical peel treatment.
- Use sunscreen and moisturizer well.
- Let your doctor know of any medication you're currently taking.
- Avoid any other chemical peels for at least two weeks prior to your appointment.
Tips for Aftercare After a Chemical Peel at LARIA MedSpa
- Wait at least two weeks before getting another skincare treatment or cosmetic procedure.
- Don't pick, touch, or scratch your face.
- Apply moisturizer twice a day.
- Avoid heavy activity and sweating for about two weeks.
- Clean your skin with a gentle cleanser at night. Immediately after a chemical peel, stick to mild soap or a non-soap cleanser.
- Use a topical antibiotic if there is topical crusting to prevent bacterial infection and enhance wound healing.
Are There Any Precautions I Need to Take After Getting a Chemical Peel?
Once your chemical peel treatment is complete, there are certain precautions you have to take to protect your skin. One of the most important precautions is to avoid sunlight. Your skin is very sensitive after your chemical peel takes effect. Exposing it to the sun’s UV rays can lead to sunburn and even changes to your pigmentation.
If you need to go outside, make sure to wear sunscreen with an SPF level of 30 or more. In addition, it is also recommended to block out the sun by using a parasol. The next precaution is not to pick or peel off flaking skin.
When your skin starts to flake, it is peeling naturally. Picking it can increase the risk of scarring and infection. It is equally important to keep your skin moist at all times. This is to ensure your skin remains smooth and prevents unnecessary dryness and peeling.
If you wear makeup, it is best to refrain from wearing it for the first few days. The ingredients in your makeup can cause your vulnerable skin to become irritated. After a few days have passed, consult your doctor to make sure it is safe to wear makeup. If you experience any strange side effects, such as blistering, swelling, and infections, contact the doctor immediately.
How Can I Schedule a Skin Consultation and Analysis at LARIA MedSpa in Miami?
LARIA MedSpa offers various services, including Sothys Paris Chemical Peels, to treat acne, wrinkles, and smooth skin tone. Schedule a consultation or appointment with our highly trained medical providers and estheticians at LARIA MedSpa in Miami by calling (305) 299-7290. We want to guide and advise you so that you get the desired results.